COP21 Paris Climat 2015
2015 Paris Climate Conference (COP21)
France is to host and chair the 21st United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change Conference of Parties (UNFCCC – COP) from 30 November to 11 December 2015 at Le Bourget.
IFSTTAR’s research means it deals with many topics that are linked to both climate change mitigation and adaptation. COP21 and, before that, the conference entitled “Our common future under climate change” (CFCC, Paris, 7-10 July 2015) are a unique opportunity to match the Institute’s work against international best practice, inform its future research programmes and therefore allow it to take its rightful place on the European and International research stage. It also provides an opportunity for IFSTTAR to publicise its findings and thereby help achieve societal goals.
IFSTTAR is currently involved in two sessions prior to the conference and is organising a side event with ETRA, the European Transport Research Alliance.
- Read our special feature on COP21 in the Science & Society Area
The 2015 Paris Climate Conference: the meetings
Be sure to follow IFSTTAR at the following events :
The French Pavilion
IFSTTAR will be present in the French pavilion with the Ministry of the Environment, within the conference centre (an area that is not open to the general public) and will present a demonstrator of a solar road. Construction of this advanced piece of equipment has been made possible by the work of several teams working in the COSYS and MAST. What is the hybrid solar road ? [.pdf]
IFSTTAR will present the following in the “Generation Climate” area :
- On 7 December, a conference on the theme of mobility and the sustainable city :
- at 11 am: "The hybrid solar road, at the heart of the 5th Generation Road”, presented by Nicolas Hautière, director of the 5th Generation Road project. Download an invitation [.pdf]
- at 4 pm: "The Bron National Scientific Encounters (RSNB) : bringing the different administrative areas of a city together around the issue of sustainable development ", presented by Laurent Meyer, delegate for scientific cultural events and Philippe Vezin, director of the Biomechanics and Impact Mechanics Laboratory. Download an invitation [.pdf]
- on 8 and 9 December, Francis Papon, director of DEST, will present the activities of the laboratory in the French Pavilion, at the invitation of Université Paris-Est.
- on 11 December between 5:15 pm and 6:45 pm, a roundtable will take place on "The road of the future, climate change and energy transition” organised by the MEDDE Transport Directorate
At the Grand Palais
- on 10 December, the ATMB will organise a roundtable entitled “The roads of the future: innovating for sustainable mobility”.
Download the programme for the "Generation Climate" area [.pdf]
On this occasion IFSTTAR is publishing a special issue of Trajectoire on the climate in order to show that the energy transition is one of IFSTTAR’s central concerns.