- Our research and expert appraisal tasks
- Our cross-cutting activities
Organisation and goals
Our research tasks
IFSTTAR's research is structured around four tasks that originate in the Institute's 10-year scientific strategy that was validated in 2012. These 4 tasks are deliberately cross-cutting and illustrate how IFSTTAR's research constitutes a response to societal challenges.
- Task 1: Analysis and innovation for sustainable and responsible transport and mobility.
- Task 2: Efficient and sustainable construction, deconstruction, preservation and modification of infrastructure.
- Task 3: Taking better account of climate change, natural hazards and environmental and health impacts in man-made environments
- Task 4: Designing and planning sustainable cities and areas: systemic and multi-scale approaches.
Three goals cut across all these 4 tasks and supplement the scientific goals. They are measured by quantitative indicators.
- Goal 1: Produce scientific knowledge that is internationally recognised at the highest level and dynamise our research teams.
- Goal 2: Help to construct a knowledge economy and equip ourselves with the necessary scientific expertise.
- Goal 3: Encourage the transfer of research findings to the wider economy and society and foster social and industrial innovation.
Consult our key documents: Components of the planning and programming